Estate Planning Essentials for Young Families
Zoom workshop to be held on February 7, 2022 from 7:00-8:15 PM
Register for the Workshop
In plain English and with a bit of humor, attorneys David Adams and Ben Strobeck will walk you through the most common estate planning challenges (and solutions) for families with young children. In this workshop we will cover:
- How to choose a guardian for your minor child(ren),
- The many benefits of trusts to protect assets for our children and set them up for success through to maturity,
- The problems with trusts, what terms to think most carefully about, and how to minimize potential pitfalls,
- How to avoid probate with its costs, delays and hassles, and,
- How to reduce Massachusetts estate tax liability, typically by between $70,000 and $120,000.
This workshop will be held by Zoom. You can register on this page, and you will receive the Zoom link and materials a few days before the workshop.
Your presenters are attorneys with Pathway Law LLC, a firm that has been working with LexFun! families for over fifteen years.
Homework for those stuck on choosing a guardian. Attached is a worksheet, How to Choose a Guardian. Spending 10-15 minutes on this before the workshop may focus you on where you are getting stuck. At the workshop, we can then help you through any questions you have.